ANZAL & Bates Surface Solutions’ response to COVID-19
Dear valued clients and suppliers,
On behalf of the team at Bates Surface Solutions, we would like to update you on our protocols for COVID-19 to protect the community and to provide assurance of our ability to maintain a consistent service.
We are committed to limiting the spread of COVID-19, along with colds and flus, on our premises and in our community, and have implemented new protocols and practices to keep our team, clients, suppliers and contractors safe.
Under our new client and supplier protocols:
- We have cancelled all site visits from suppliers and customers and all meetings other than essential contractor services (practising social distancing).
- We will be conducting all meetings virtually, via phone, Zoom, Skype and Webex.
- Product samples are available for delivery to your office or home.
Under our on-site staff protocols:
- We are following the best-practice hygiene recommendations for the workplace specified by the Ministry of Health, including: all team members are to sanitise and wash their hands before and after each interaction; hand sanitisers are easily available; we have trained our team on correct hygiene practices; and our cleaning staff have increased their disinfecting and cleaning programme to meet the Ministry’s recommendations.
- We are separating our staff into two operational groups capable of running our operations on a week-on, week-off cycle. This is likely to come into effect in the next two weeks.
- All our staff know they must stay home if they feel unwell (we will encourage them to seek medical attention if they feel they have more than the common cold) and will only return to work once they are healthy again. Should a staff member test positive for COVID-19 we will follow the Ministry of Health guidelines at all stages. We understand their guidelines are evolving regularly.
- To backfill any staff on sick leave, we have a select team of temporary staff who will provide assistance.
People’s well-being is our first priority and these measures will enable us to limit the spread of all viruses on our premises.
We are managing this very carefully, reviewing it daily, in order to keep people safe and maintain a continuous service.
Our management team are actively monitoring this and assessing contingency measures to ensure our business remains operational and responsive to your needs.
The situation continues to evolve, so we will be in touch should anything change.
Thank you for your support and we wish you well in your own efforts to protect the community.
Chief Executive Officer
Bates Surface Solutions