Who We Are
ANZAL – Australian New Zealand Architectural Lines
We are the marketing and distribution arm of Bates Surface Solutions, designers and manufacturers of premium coating solutions for ceiling tile, cabinetry panels and store shelving components for the New Zealand and Australian building industries.
- Bates is known for its expertise in UV coating technologies – using state-of-the-art UltraLight™ UV technology to cure coatings on a wide range of materials.
- Not only is Bates the intellect behind UltraLight™ UV technology – with more than 60 years experience in surface coating technologies - it's also proudly New Zealand-owned and operated.
At ANZAL, our job is to take Bates' in-house brands and services to the building market – Fenta Ceiling Tiles, PanelWhite, DuraCoat and our CustomCoat service tailored to meet individual project needs.
A bit of ANZAL history
- 1990 - Bates Surface Solutions establishes ANZAL to import and distribute building products to the NZ and Australian building market.
- ANZAL finds by utilising Bates’ specialised painting technology and curing systems, it can expand into a range of products in its own right for the building market.
- 2005 - the first product is launched. In agreement with James Hardie, ownership of Hardiglaze Ceiling Tiles passes to ANZAL and is rebranded the Fenta Ceiling Tile – this has become ANZAL’s foremost market brand.
- ANZAL develops a CustomCoat service allowing it to contract coat materials such as plywood, MDF, particle board, Perspex, glass and aluminium supplied by clients with large scale, precise building needs. (To see examples of this work in the shelving systems used throughout Mitre 10 Mega and Pak’n’Save stores, visit our Case Studies page)
- 2010 - ANZAL adds two further products to its product portfolio – PanelWhite (designed to replace white PVC vinyl sheets used in the furniture and joinery market) and DuraCoat (a range of pre-finished panels for the Trade and DIY markets).
- ANZAL sets up an R&D arm to explore and trial a number of new products using Bates’ premium coating technologies.